Being active can help your body to produce more energy. Even if you don’t train regularly, a daily brisk walk can help to recharge your batteries.
Natural Energy Boosters
Fast-paced lives, stressful jobs and unhealthy diets are some of the reasons as to why people can feel drained of their energy. This is evident through the pale faces of tired people who constantly complain about a lack of energy. A possible reason for tiredness could be a lack of vitamins and minerals in your body.
- Vitamins and minerals are essential for the performance of hundreds of functions in the body. For example vitamin C, magnesium and zinc are crucial for the body to jointly perform basic physical functions properly. On its own, magnesium is essential for more than 300 biological reactions in the muscles, brain, bones and cells.
- Consuming an adequate amount of vitamins and minerals can supplement your body with the energy boost it needs to face the challenges of everyday life, whilst allowing you to continue living a healthy lifestyle.
Unfortunately, fast food is still a popular choice amongst the general public as compared to eating a healthy and balanced diet consisting mainly of fruits and vegetables. This preference for fast and easy food provides little nutritional value. In fact, a survey has shown that more than 40% of adults suffer from a deficiency of vitamins and minerals in the body. In that regard, what are the methods that you can incorporate to improve your dietary consumption?
How to give yourself an energy boost with fruits and vegetables at every meal.
- It is recommended for you to consume a minimum of 5 fruit and vegetable servings daily. Some of these fruits and vegetables can be eaten as is, however, other vegetables may need to be cooked thoroughly before they can be deemed as safe for consumption.
- Eating a variety of different fruits and vegetables can ensure that all your body’s nutritional needs are taken care of. Each fruit and vegetable is capable of supplementing your body with its own individual set of vitamins and minerals. Oranges and kiwis are examples of fruits that are rich in vitamin C and vitamin B6, and play an important role in the prevention of tiredness. Alternatively, a hot bowl of homemade vegetable soup can be a soothing and nutritious inclusion to your healthy diet, especially on cold and rainy days.
- Mushrooms, which can be served in a number of different ways (as a starter dish, as a soup or as an ingredient in other dishes), are rich in B vitamins (B2, B3, B5 and B9).
- Fruits and vegetables are a healthier option for starter meals, desserts or snacks as compared to foods that are full of sugars.
- Be mindful of the preparation and cooking methods that you use for fruits and vegetables, as it is essential to preserve the nutritional content of these foods. For instance, certain types of fruits and vegetables are sensitive towards water, heat or air, which is why it is recommended for you to steam them, and not boil them.
- If you feel tiredness kicking in, this could signal a depletion of vitamins and minerals in your body. You may take a supplement with a combination of vitamins and minerals. It is important to note, however, that this supplement should always be accompanied by a healthy diet as well as an active lifestyle.
There are also other ways of boosting your energy.
These would involve changing your lifestyle, slowing down your pace of life and living closer to nature.
If you frequently get tired or feel drained of energy, it might be good for you to consider a change in lifestyle. A healthy diet which includes fruits and vegetables, adequate hydration, regular exercise and good sleep are all lifestyle changes that you can implement straight away to give your body an energy boost.
If you experience persistent tiredness, please seek further consultation with a doctor.
Get more time in your day with less time shopping, get your Berocca Energy Support online.
A Life of Positive Energy
Tiredness wearing you down but you’re unsure as to why? Learn everything there is to know about gaining more energy, as well as natural energy boosters for sustaining your everyday needs.